Wednesday, February 23, 2005

President Bush's "cocaine thing"

With the new of Paris Hilton's phone being hacked, maybe you (like most of the media) overlooked this news item.

Before President Bush was elected, an old "friend" secretly recorded comments that pretty much confirm what we've always thought -- that he used pot, cocaine, and more in his "wild days" -- also known as "the first 40 years of his life."

They were aired on "Good Morning America." He talked about his strategy to avoid answering any questions related to his past drug use:

"I don't want any kid doing what I tried to do 30 years ago....And I mean that. It doesn't matter if it's LSD, cocaine, pot, any of those things, because if I answer one, then there will be another one. And I just am not going to answer those questions. And it may cost me the election....

"Do you want your little kid, to say, 'Hey daddy, President Bush tried marijuana; I think I will?' That's the message we've been sending out. I wouldn't answer the marijuana question.

"The cocaine thing, let me tell you my strategy on that. Rather than saying no...I think it's time for someone to draw the line and look people in the eye and say, you know, 'I'm not going to participate in ugly rumors about me and blame my opponent,' and hold the line. Stand up for a system that will not allow this kind of crap to go on."